scottish PR and Communications agency with over 15 years’ experience
We manage all your external communications needs so you stay front of mind within your market.
Over the past 15 years, we have worked with more than 150 organisations across multiple sectors. These include: third sector, energy, hospitality, destination tourism, finance and rural industries.
Clients past and present include Lantra Scotland, Senvion SA, Newgate PLC, The Gannochy Trust, Down Syndrome Scotland, Gibson Kerr, Scottish Communications Group and Taylor Hopkinson.
With us you get:
- Director level support at highly competitive prices
- Full communications support from planning to implementation
- Results driven approach that delivers a tangible return
- Over 15 years experience in communications and PR
- Multiple sector experience
Director at Candid Media PR
What we do
PR and Communications support
Based in Perth and Edinburgh, we look after all your external communications needs, from developing a strategy to the detail of planning and implementation. Everything we do compliments and supports your wider business strategy, helping your business get to where it needs to be. We have extensive experience shaping and delivering key messages and building reputation across multiple platforms both off and online. Think of us as your in-house communications department, harnessing nearly 20 years experience to tell your story to the world.
We also offer individual services including: PR and media relations, digital PR, website development, branding and design, social media management, marketing and analysis, copywriting, content creation, photography/videography and events support.
We take the time to understand what drives your business and what you are striving to achieve as an organisation. We use this to develop a comprehensive, measurable communications strategy which integrates seamlessly with your business strategy. This way we can ensure the message we communicate is helping your business get to where it needs to be.
PR AND media relations
We are experts at delivering highly effective PR strategies, telling your story through a variety of media channels, from social media and the influencer network, right through to the traditional press, including local and national newspapers, magazines, TV and radio.
We manage relationships with key journalists, manage your reputation and build awareness of your brand.
branding and design
With the help if our first class partners, we can develop a brand from the ground up, or refresh an existing brand. We can help you develop a new logo or design and produce all your branded materials.
We also offer a full suite of design services through our trusted partner Flock, from website design, to business cards, brochures, banners and signage production.
Copy writing and content creation
We have over 20 years content creation and copywriting experience across multiple trades.
We specialise in writing:
We can manage all your social media needs, from setting up new accounts to building your following through relevant, engaging content. We manage your social media accounts 24/7, responding to comments and managing your reputation online. We are experts at analysing data so you can track the success of your social platforms and gain useful visitor insights. Just leave it to us.
Through our award winning partner Shine, we can help you develop a website that reflects who you are as an organisation and communicates your message effectively to your target audience(s). Our websites are the perfect balance between great design and flawless functionality.
Our Latest Work
- After a thorough communications audit, we worked with the Trust to develop a detailed strategy and working plan to help them deliver their organisational objectives and establish a clear line of communication with multiple target audiences;
- Working with our partners, we refreshed the Trust’s brand, creating a more consistent and contemporary look that better reflected the Trust’s core purpose and values. Brand work included updating the logo and developing a suite of branded materials from e-mail signatures to a new website, business cards, pop up banners, folders, signage and word templates;
- Developed an engaging new website with a bold, contemporary design that better represented the Trust and more effectively connected with its core audiences;
- Planned and implemented a major signage project that ensured visitors could find Trust assets more easily, as well as communicating core brand messages consistently and clearly;
- Set up social media accounts from a standing start. Working with the Trust’s team, we collectively achieved over 10,000 social media impressions and 5000 interactions in under six months. The Trust’s social media has become their ‘go to’ platform for communicating news and interacting with target audiences.
- We were the communications consultancy for Senvion’s Northern European Hub, responsible for 16 countries including the UK & Ireland, Scandinavia, Netherlands, France and Germany;
- Responsible for marketing, external and internal communications, public relations and events across all regions;
- Managed £1 million annual budget;
- Reported to senior management team both in the UK and Senvion’s head office in Hamburg, Germany;
- Created and implemented a strategic communications strategy and plan for the year;
- Managed a team of three people in Senvion’s Edinburgh office;
- Worked in collaboration with multiple departments from sales to project management;
- Supplier management;
- Event planning and management.
- Managed internal and external communications for re-brand and departmental restructuring, including the creation of a new hub in northern Europe to streamline processes;
- Involved in communicating restructure of Senvion’s senior management team on local, national and international level;
- Delivered all the key performance targets despite 20% budget cuts after first quarter.
- Over three years we have generated over 80 links for DS Scotland;
- Increased unique visitors to donation page by 20% year on year for three years;
- Online donations have increased by 15% over this period due to web traffic inflation;
- Generated over 1000 pieces of social media content, 5000 social media impressions and 3000 social media interactions;
- Reached an audience of over 15 million worldwide;
- Generated over 150 pieces of coverage including articles in mainstream press and broadcast channels: STV News, BBC, Reporting Scotland, The Times, The Scotsman, Daily Record, Edinburgh Evening News, Daily Mail, The Sun.
- Through a targeted thought leadership campaign, including a major research project, we generated over 40 links from fertility and lifestyle blogs, influencer channels and mainstream press channels over a two year period;
- Increased unique visitors by 15% year on year for two years;
- Generated over 2000 social media impressions and 1500 social media interactions;
- Activities helped lift Fertility Clinics to top half of page one of Google on 90% of search terms;
- We also generated 10 pieces of coverage across mainstream national titles including the Daily Mail, The Times, Huffington Post, Daily Telegraph and BBC Radio;
- Reached an online audience of over 10 million people.
- Over three year period reached a UK audience of over 15 million people. Spa launch reached over 2 million in two month.
- Achieved over 100 pieces of coverage across a range of travel, health and business media from the Times, to Harpers Bizarre and Tatler Magazine;
- Increased unique visitors to ONE SPA website by 20% year on year for three years;
- Activities helped maintain the Sheraton Grand’s position on top half of page one of major search engines on 90% of search terms
People who love us!
“James really took the time to understand our business and what we were looking for. He delivered on everything we wanted and more. He is someone who gets results and his efforts have had a major positive impact on the business.”
Dr Caroline Phillips, Founder of Fertilty Clinics Abroad
“We’ve worked with Candid Media for three years and have been impressed with James’ professionalism and ability to get results. With his help, we have significantly raised our profile across key markets in Europe and abroad, particularly for the Spa which required a profile boost following a long refurbishment period.”
Tristan Nesbit , GM Edinburgh Sheraton
Pandora Summerfield, CEO of Downs Syndrome Scotland
Catherine Karlin, Consensus Collaboration Scotland
Check out more recommendations and endorsements on LinkedIn!